Wednesday 9 December 2015

Daily Student Comforts.. Blogmas 2015 - Day 8 & 9

Hello my lovelies!

The past couple of days have been fairly uneventful. Tuesday was a typical day that started bright and early prepped for a day of lectures. After spending my first few hours of the day groggily trying to write down all the notes necessary for my first lecture, I was rather happy and also slightly annoyed that my afternoon lecture was cancelled. It meant that I could spend a decent chunk of time in the library - something I rarely do, but I'll explain that in a moment - and knuckle down to get a bunch of work done. I don't know what had got in to me but I got a whole lotta work done and felt rather proud of myself! The rest of my day was fairly uneventful and I spent the majority of it tucked up in my room watching Netflix (with no chill before y'all get your minds in the gutter). 


Back to the library... I'm not a huge fan of it. I don't mind public libraries but the uni library gives me the heebie-jeebies. I don't know what it is, but I have never really wanted to willingly walk in, sit down and work. I think it might be the eerie silence of some parts, or maybe the fact that there are so many people in there working and you never know who's watching you. Like I said, it really weirds me out! However, once in a while, I find myself in a mental state of motivation and suddenly I find the library to be a haven of knowledge and student comfort. That's definitely becoming an increasingly persistent mental state with the implementation of a Costa in our library.

Today was slow and steady. Nothing too exciting, just a bit of work, shopping and binge-watching. This evening had a splatter of musical-ness which always makes me happy! 


I shall have lots to tell you tomorrow as it will be my first day volunteering at a local Primary school! I am seriously excited!

Love you all!
T
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment