Tuesday 2 December 2014

Blogmas 2014! Day 1 - My love of Christmas

Hello my lovelies! 

As you may have guessed from the title, I have decided to do Blogmas this year (*squee* so excited about this!) and I thought the best way to start would be to tell you a bit about why I've decided to have a go this year. 


Those of you who know me from the outerweb will know that I absolutely adore Christmas time. I'm ready to get Christmas-y as soon as Bonfire Night has gone! I just love that the weather becomes crisper and cooler, frost begins to take control in the early mornings, the evenings become misty and mysterious... I simply love Winter and with Winter comes Christmas and my Birthday so it's no wonder I get so excited. It's always enjoyable going in to town and seeing all the streets lined with twinkling lights and in Chester we have the Christmas Market so there's lots of really sweet little shops in small cabins or huts. I wouldn't say it's a traditional German Christmas Market but it's still really sweet and full of little surprises.

My favourite thing about Christmas is that I get to go home and see my family. This year it's particularly special to me as I didn't get to spend too much time with them over the summer because of my job and they have been unable to come and visit me this term so I feel like I've barely seen them all year. I'm really looking forward to sitting around the dinner table or the tele and just spending some real quality time with them, after all, that's what Christmas is all about! That and the birth of Christ - but I'm not going to go in to the religious side as I know not all of you will be the same faith as me or may celebrate for different reasons.


Normally I have a small tree in my room which I decorate with cute pink, purple and silver baubles and tinsel however this year I didn't bring it with me to university and I'm going to have to be a bit inventive and creative. At home the tree goes up in the lounge as soon as possible once it's turned to December - my lovely Mother won't allow us to put it up any sooner *sob* - and it always looks fabulous covered in purples, blues, golds, reds.. the colour scheme has changed recently so I'm not entirely sure if it's pinks, purples and blues or golds and reds but it's still adorable. I also tend to go a bit crazy covering the walls and picture frames with tinsel and my Father puts up decorative lights in the front windows. Oh what a wonderful time of year it is! 

Over the next 24 days I will be sharing my Christmas tips, tricks and treats with you, getting creative with some D.I.Y decoration posts, sharing some Christmas themed fashion and beauty loves and even taking you on a few little trips with me. Hopefully I'll be able to get 1 post up everyday for you all *fingers crossed*


What's your favourite thing about this time of the year? Let me know in the comments, or get in touch with me via any of my social media links which can be found here.

Love you all!

T
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment